Friday, September 24, 2010

Jo'Burg 8 - 14 September

So this is a little over due...

Jo'burg was a rad trip, refreshing and accommodating...
Sucks that i left my camera in Cape Town, so it will be pretty much a picture-less post, got a couple of dodgy phone pictures I'll post

I spent most of my time with the Crew from Golden Tiki and Spooky Tattoonz and Handstyle Tattoos, I was meant to get around to the new 1933 Custom Tattoos for a exhibition but for some reason I was mixed up with the dates/days and it didn't work out. bummed.

I cruised around with Ryan "Busta" Bolton most of the time, what a rad dude, between his tow shops, Spooky Tattoonz being his private studio at 44 Stanley in Mill Park and Golden Tiki a new shop in Linden, we tattooed, we talked tattoos, we hanged out, fed his 13 tarantulas, YES 13 FUCKING SPIDERS! awesome. Drank ridiculous amounts of tea, just the way we like it. (thanks Chelsea!) and met rad new people
The two nights that we went out, both nights where free parties, yes free parties, in other words, no cover, FREE DRINKS.

1st party was the album launch for some band, hosted by Iron Fist Ink at The Zone in Rosebank... it was amazing to see old friends and acquaintances, the amounts of free beer consumed was insane.
2nd party was the jo'burg launch of Hori Smoku Sailor Jerry... this was out of hand, free rum, again and lots of it, needles to say we got pretty rat faced... good times... good people...

I spent some time with the dudes from Handstyle Tattoos, and got tattooed by Ross. good guys with a rad shop in Emmarentia, Shop 2 Sandella Court, Cnr Thomas Bowler & Olifants Road, opposite the Johannesburg Botanical gardens. If you are in the area check them out.


Further Jo'burg was filled with business orientated stuff that i wont bore you with...
Here are a couple of pics I took with my phone seeing that I left my camera in Cape Town...


SPOOKY TATTOONZ

Tomas Hooper Business card stuck on the wall... how rad

Iron Fist Ink Party

Tattooed by Ross from Handstyle Tattoos

No comments:

Post a Comment