Wednesday, March 9, 2011

LHS and SOS, 22 Hope Street

Most are aware that I have been busy setting up a new shop for Lighthouse once again.

When Lighthouse started out mid 2010 I set it up in showroom / industrial location for the fact that it was all I could afford and it made the most sense at the time, that little spot served me so much good in a 6 month period, I wont even go into it... I dont want to tell and you dont want to know.

Now that Lighthouse has established it self as a Supplier setting out to do what it was supposed to with no strings attached and supplying a small part of a very conscience tattoo industry in SA, with the best of the best. It was time for the next logic move... find a better location, but its almost as if the better location found "us", and when I say "us" I'm talking about Sins Of Style (SOS) and Lighthouse Supply. The shop that we have moved into now, 22 Hope Street, Gardens Cape Town has a weird connection with me, I went to view this available shop around 8 months before with my girlfriend as she was looking for a shop at the time, and my words where "what a rad tattoo shop that place will make", couple of months later David's girlfriend went to look at the shop, and they where "what a rad tattoo shop that place will make"... Showed Tyler and the rest is history...

Tyler B Murphy's Sins of Style is one of the most reputed local custom tattoo shops, recognized as that locally and internationally. With 3 of the best and most defined tattoo artist in town, Tyler B Murphy, Lee Herbert and David Chaston, with the purpose of LHS and vision of SOS, it is the perfect collaboration to have a good time and making a difference, and of course the personal benefit for me of being surrounded with better artists pushing my abilities to new heights. Truly fucking stoked.

I will update this post tomorrow with photos of the new shop, still loads to do but pretty damn good none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment